Currently, there are many beauty treatments for skin such as white bath, acne treatment … and hair removal is also an increasingly popular method, recently especially for women. There are many ways of hair removal at home and in the spa, but not all methods are good and reliable.
If you are wondering Is epilator better than waxing? and which is the best hair removal method for your skin, do not skip this article.
The period of hair growth
To being with, we present 3 main periods of hair growth because conventional home-based hair removal methods only remove the outer hair and cannot remove the hair follicle.
So after a short time, the hair will grow back. Methods such as shaving only remove a part of hair outside, not get to the root, so the hair will quickly grow after only 1-3 days.
- Early-stage of development is also called the Anagen phase. This is a period of hair growth in length and size thanks to the full supply of nutrients from the dermis.
- The next period is the Catagen phase. This is the stage when the germ-cells shrink, the hair stops growing and is about to move to the Telogen stage.
- The last one is the period of Telogen. At this stage, the old hairs begin to be pushed out and begin the pre-Anagen phase, in which new hairs are formed as a cycle restoration.
Epilators vs Waxing Hair Removal Comparison
The body hair grows too bushy in many places on the body will make you extremely uncomfortable and lose confidence in everyone. So, getting rid of obnoxious hair is what everyone wants.
However, the questions that how to remove hair, which method is safe, cost-effective and effective. There are two most common ways to remove body hair including using epilators and waxing.
Keep following to figure out which one is the best for you.
Use the waxing method
The wax method is also selected by many women to remove the obnoxious body hairs. This way is very easy to do at home, rather effective and longer-lasting. But it needs to be done right, otherwise, it will easily affect the skin or may not work as intended.
Hair wax can be applied to the removal of the hands’ hair very effectively. In addition, you can also use wax to remove hair on other areas such as back, eyebrows, facial hair … However, for the bikini area, you should wax hair carefully to avoid infection as well as hurt sensitive skin.
When buying wax, you should buy the type of wax that is suitable for your skin: soft wax for the face or underarm area, hard wax better for the legs or bikini area. Make sure to buy many wax sticks and that each stick should be used only once to avoid getting bacteria from the wax that causes skin infections.
Epilator is a better method than using a razor and tweezers. Results can be maintained for 4 weeks. The epilator removes many hairs at once and removes them to the root.
Therefore the effect time will be longer than using a razor. Hair removal with the epilator can be used in large areas such as the feet, back or arms.
Because epilators have many sizes, this hair removal method can be widely applied throughout the body such as facial hair, armpit hair, bikini area, arm hair, leg hair …
We do not need to prepare our skin before using an epilator but it is better to exfoliate a few days before you begin. It is better to take a shower and clean. These notes will help smooth skin and minimize ingrown hairs.
- Hold the epilator at a 90-degree angle.
- Keep your skin tight. Keep the epilator following the direction of hair growth.
- Slowly glide the epilator over your face to avoid breaking your hair. Do not press too hard on your skin.
- the first user may be painful but then will subside and almost feel like nothing has happened.
The main plus point of epilator compared to waxing is that quickly convenient like shaving, no cost peruse, only initial investment. It does not cause burns such as wax and injuries such as razors.
The duration of action lasts up to 4 weeks. Moreover, it is very convenient when traveling. The disadvantage is that the initial cost is higher than other methods.
Attention when removing hair by epilators or waxing
Worrying about body hair makes you not confident in your favorite outfit. You are able to try these two methods above. But when choosing these treatments, there are a few things to keep in mind first:
- Must learn thoroughly and choose the way to remove hair that suits your location and skin.
- Do not remove hair during pregnancy, sunburn, sensitive skin, burns or open wounds, etc.
- After applying hair removal methods, you should use a moisturizer or toner, lotion to moisturize and soften the skin, helping to tighten the pores.
- Limit sweets, hot spicy foods; avoid prolonged stress because these things will make the body’s hormones are erratic changes, which is the cause of the rapid growth of feet’hair.
Is epilator better than waxing? Each people will have a different answer. Hopefully, this post provides you useful information about removal hair in a safe and effective way.
Find yourself an appropriate hair removal method to stay beautiful and confident. I wish the girls success!